Friday, August 24, 2012

Fitness Half Her Size: Connie Lost 136 Pounds!

Sometimes it's when you least it expect that your aha moment comes. It's the moment where right then, right there, you realize things need to change.

Connie Selleca wearing her prescription drop temple glasses - a photo ...
Connie Selleca wearing her prescription drop temple glasses - a photo ...

For Connie B., her "aha moment" came a little later in life. At 58, this 17-year veteran teacher from Texas made a routine appointment for a bone density scan. When she showed up, however, she got some unexpected news: The nurse told her they couldn't perform the scan in that facility because the bed would not support her weight. Connie was carrying 272 pounds on her 5'4 frame, and right at that moment she realized, "I have to do something about this."

Connie chose the Heart Smart Diet due to high blood pressure and high cholesterol, not to mention she thought it seemed like a very well-balanced and healthy plan to follow. "From the very beginning, I used the meal plan and the shopping list and was very successful!"

Having tried other diets in the past, what made this time the time for Connie to lose the weight once and for all? She says, "I was so close to 300 pounds; it really scared me that I got so heavy! I also was nearing retirement, and I wanted to enjoy that time, so I just HAD to."

So where is Connie today? She's come so far, from size 26 to size 6, from 272 pounds to a slim, trim, and healthy weight of 136 pounds! That's right - she's literally HALF HER FORMER SIZE! She reached her goal in November of 2007 and has been maintaining ever since. Not only that, but she's completely off of her high blood pressure medication! She's decreased her risk for heart disease and lost an incredible 136 pounds! We thought this was an achievement to be applauded and celebrated for sure, so we brought Connie to our most recent commercial shoot! Watch closely to see if you can spot her!

Connie says this has helped teach her moderation in all things, and has found that her tastes have actually changed! She says, "Candy doesn't appeal as much; I like a good fruit salad better than sweets!" The long time teacher is a student once again - sounds like an A+ to us!

Losing the weight has absolutely changed Connie's outlook. She's looking forward to an active retirement with her husband now, she no longer hides from the camera and her enormous smile in her photos reveals how happy she's been since dropping the extra weight.

"I received an unexpected compliment," she recalls. "Someone told me I was "cute and bubbly and full of energy" and that surprised me... until I realized, she's right! I am full of energy. Before, I couldn't even climb up a few stairs without hanging on to the handrail for support!

"I can't describe it! I never believed I could look or feel like I do; I was heavy for so long I just couldn't imagine it! I'm a totally different person now, because I CAN be!"

youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVdd1DnQl6Q

 ... Beth Wheeler sheds half her weight to fit into size 12 wedding dress
... Beth Wheeler sheds half her weight to fit into size 12 wedding dress
fighting fit emma 20 is now a svelte size 10 left after shedding eight ...
fighting fit emma 20 is now a svelte size 10 left after shedding eight ...
 20 woman loses five-and-a-half stone to fit into size 8 dress on her ...
20 woman loses five-and-a-half stone to fit into size 8 dress on her ...
 ... that would have fit her bulky frame before her impressive weight loss
... that would have fit her bulky frame before her impressive weight loss

Related video about Fitness Half Her Size: Connie Lost 136 Pounds!

Half Her Size

Half Her Size Better TV talks with a woman who stepped up her exercise routine and slimmed down to half her former size Fitness Half Her Size: Connie Lost 136 Pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment